Saturday, September 29, 2012

17 weeks

Well, let me just say that the past little bit has been crazy. I've been super busy working 3 days a week and going to school full-time, plus taking care of the house and Rudy, AND making a baby from scratch!

It's Josh's busy season as well, so he's been working late a lot. I have homework at least every other day, plus studying to stay on top of my classes. Of course, I also have to make sure I'm spending quality time with    Rudy. We also have a few other things going on that I can't really talk about just yet ;).

On top of all THAT, a couple of nights ago we had to take Josh to the emergency room because of (what he thought were) kidney stones. He's had them several times in the past, and actually has them in his kidneys at all time, but only feels pain when they move or try to pass. He was in terrible pain and I felt so bad for him. He was still able to crack jokes though. They put him in a wheelchair and took him to have a CAT scan. When we got back to the waiting area I told the lady I was 17 weeks pregnant and asked if it was okay for me to be back there. Josh promptly informed her that HE was the one that got me pregnant! She laughed and said that was good to know. It turned out he had a severe bladder infection. He had a few stones at the top of his kidneys, so we also think they may have moved a little bit and caused pain.

Everything has been going great on the baby baking front!


How Far Along: 17 weeks, 3 days

Due date: March 6th

Gender: We still aren't finding out!

Names: We are pretty sure on names, but not 100% so I don't think I'll share those yet.

Weight Gain: 1 pound so far.

Maternity clothes: I found a pair of nice maternity pants at Once Upon A Child for $10. I also ordered a few things when Old Navy was having their maternity sale. I can still fit into my regular clothes, but I know I'll need maternity clothes before too long.

Stretch Marks: None yet!

Sleep: It's gotten a lot more fitful. I went to bed before Josh last night and apparently when he came in I was laying upside down and crosswise on the bed, on top of the blankets which were all twisted up. I've been trying to sleep on my side but it's hard to do. Lately it's been more like a half side/half stomach position.

Movement: Nothing definite yet, though I have noticed some tightening and different sensations. It might be even longer before I feel movement though because I have an anterior placenta, which means that my placenta is in the front. That will make the movement feel muffled at first.

Missing anything: Nothing too bad, a margarita would be nice though.

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food Aversions: I still can't do cucumbers or yogurt.

Symptoms: I haven't had many symptoms in the past few weeks. A little bit of occasional nausea and I'm still breaking out a lot, but besides that not much.

Looking forward to: My next ultrasound is in about 2 1/2 weeks. Even though we aren't finding out the gender, I'm still looking forward to seeing baby and making sure he/she is growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment