Sunday, October 21, 2012

20 Week Ultrasound

Tuesday I had my anatomy scan! It went well, everything is normal and baby is healthy! Woohoo!

I think I am in for it with this child though. My ultrasound lasted for nearly an hour and a half. The baby was laying transverse but was completely folded up and twisted around, making it nearly impossible for the tech to get the picture she needed. Plus, the baby was wiggling around everywhere and moving like crazy. The tech stopped at one point with the wand just to show me how much the baby was moving--it was insane! I'm  hoping this ultrasound isn't indicative of the future behavior of this child!

The tech had me use the restroom and brought in another tech to see if she could get the pictures they needed. This time the baby had completely flipped around, but was in the same position, if that makes any sense. The combination of me using the restroom and bringing in the new tech did the trick though. At one point they had the wand right underneath my bra line and another time against my hip bone as far as it would go. I asked them if it would help if I did a handstand against the wall! After all of that they were finally able to get all the pictures they needed.

I was 19 weeks, 6 days and baby measured 20 weeks 4 days and weighed approximately 13 ounces. At first they weren't able to tell the sex but during the second round they were able to! They had me close my eyes and look away so I wouldn't see and they snapped a quick picture. I met with the midwife for a few minutes afterward and she put a sticker over the sex on my chart. So now she knows! I was so scared that someone would accidentally tell me so I made sure to tell the techs that I did NOT want to know. I am happy that we made it through the most tempting part of the pregnancy in regards to finding out the sex, I'm pretty confident we can stick to it now.

So, also, my little sister is pregnant. Her due date has been changed around a few times, but I think it's finally settled in on March 11th, 5 days after me. She also had an ultrasound the same day I did and found out she is having a baby boy! I am looking forward to having a son/daughter the same age as my nephew. They will have so much fun growing up together!


How Far Along: 20 weeks, 4 days

Due date: March 6th

Gender: No idea!

Names: We are pretty sure on names, but not 100% so I don't think I'll share those yet.

Weight Gain: 5 pounds

Maternity clothes: I can still wear my regular clothes but maternity clothes are sooo much more comfortable and actually really cute. I'm wearing a mix of maternity and regular.

Stretch Marks: None yet!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well except I get woken up often from my crazy pregnant lady dreams.

Movement: I've been feeling movement for about 2 weeks now! It gets more consistent/often every day. It's definitely a weird sensation but I love it.

Missing anything: I have been craving a nice cold margarita...that's out of the question for a while.

Food cravings: FRUIT!

Food Aversions: I am slowly easing back into eating cucumbers but yogurt is waaaay out of the question.

Symptoms: I actually feel pretty great right now.

Looking forward to: Finding some fruit to eat ASAP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment