Sunday, December 30, 2012

30 Week Pregnancy Update



First of all can I just say that I think it's completely crazy that I am 30 weeks already! I can't believe I will have a baby in 10 weeks (give or take a couple). This pregnancy has went by so fast, and I know the next couple of months will fly by as well. 

Speaking of going fast, I have NOTHING prepared for this baby! I was putting off any major stocking up/buying anything until we got into our new house. Once we got into the house, we decided to wait until after Christmas before we worked on the nursery. The past few days I've been feeling really anxious about preparing for the baby to come. I woke up yesterday morning with an overwhelming feeling that I HAD to do something. I immediately began stripping wallpaper in the nursery and I had it all stripped in about two hours.

 I feel so much better to finally have started on the nursery. Now I just have to concentrate on stocking up on diapers and wipes. I am also planning on having a huge freezer cooking session in a couple of weeks so I will have meals prepared for when the baby arrives.


How Far Along: 30 weeks, 4 day

Due date: March 6th

Gender: No idea!

Names: Not sharing until we are 100% sure.

Weight Gain: 15 pounds

Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing a few of my regular clothes--mainly stretchy shirts that were a little long to begin with. I wear sweatpants or pajama bottoms around the house and I have taken to  stealing Josh's t-shirts to wear around the house as well.

Stretch Marks: Yes :( A couple of small ones on my lower belly. Thankfully they are pretty light and not deep, so I'm sure they'll fade with time.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well. I have noticed that I wake up more often throughout the night and it's a little harder for me to roll over. I'm still able to get a comfortable, full night's sleep so I'm loving that for as long as I can.

Movement: The baby is still a little wiggle worm and several people have been able to feel the baby move from the outside.

Missing anything: Being able to get off the couch easily--it's gotten to be quite a workout!

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food Aversions: I really don't have any food aversions any more, and I actually bought a yogurt parfait from the grocery store today all on my own!

Symptoms: I still have mild heartburn occasionally and the past 3-4 days I've notice some sciatic nerve pain. I have also still been getting charlie horses like crazy. I get them in my calves, feet and toes and they are absolutely terrible. Besides that nothing really worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment