Saturday, January 12, 2013


Today is the day of my baby shower! I am super excited and it's going to be so much fun to spend time with everyone. I am bringing my camera and plan to take lots of pictures. I've seen the cake and a few of the decorations and it's going to be so cute!

Josh and I took a little "babymoon" last weekend. We went to Nashville and stayed in the Courtyard Marriott in the Cool Springs area for a night. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to spend a little bit of quality time together before the baby gets here and our kid-free time is limited! We ate for the second at Stoney River Legendary Steaks...it's a really nice restaurant and the food, as well as the service is just awesome. We spend the next day shopping at the mall and browsing at different stores around Franklin. I even convinced him to stop for ice cream on the way home. :)

How Far Along: 32 weeks, 3 day

Due date: March 6th

Gender: No idea!

Names: Not sharing until we are 100% sure.

Weight Gain: 21 pounds-I got a little worried because I gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks! I talked to my midwife about it and she's not worried at all. I am retaining a little bit of fluid, you can tell because my ankles are slightly swollen and she's also not worried because I gained so slowly in the beginning. I just hope I don't keep with this pattern of 2 pounds a week for the rest of the pregnancy!

Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing a few of my regular clothes--mainly stretchy shirts that were a little long to begin with. I wear sweatpants or pajama bottoms around the house and I have taken to  stealing Josh's t-shirts to wear around the house as well.

Stretch Marks: Yes :( A few more on my lower belly. I will be glad when they fade!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well. I am still sleeping most of the time in the half stomach/half side position and when I roll over in the night I usually wake up a little, but for the most part I'm still able to get a full night's sleep.

Movement: The baby is still a little wiggle worm, but I've noticed the movements have changed. I feel more tightness and pulling, like the baby is stretching and rolling. It's sure it's because the baby is taking up more space in there.

Missing anything: Generally being able to move...pregnancy makes simple tasks a lot more difficult.

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food Aversions: No food aversions!

Symptoms: I've started noticing some aching in my hips and upper legs, I'm sure my body is just loosening and stretching getting ready for the baby to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment