Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Family Vacation and Our One Year Anniversary

This has been a busy, busy week! Last Sunday was our one year wedding anniversary. We didn't do much except pack because we were getting ready to go on vacation the next day. My sister-in-law was leaving for camp the same day we were leaving and since she was going to be gone for her birthday we all went out to Logan's to celebrate.

After putting Rudy to bed we were super excited to cut into our wedding cake...and let's just say it's really not how we remembered it! We had a raspberry filling in the middle and I think it seeped through the rest of the cake and made it bitter. Needless to say we took a few bites just for a nod to tradition and threw the rest out.

The next morning we left for our very first family vacation. Aside from a few mishaps we had a great time. The first night we were there a drunk guy stole a golf cart in a parking garage and put a huge dent in the back of my car. Luckily Josh was able to get underneath and pop it out so just the paint looks a little worn. My car has almost 140,000 miles on it and has lots of little dings, pings and scratches. It could have been so much worse and I'm seriously not worried about it!

Getting ready to play his first round of golf.






It really is beautiful there!




The trip was exhausting with a 3 year old but we really had so much fun. Josh was a little disappointed because the mountains have lost their charm. It's definitely tourist-y there and a HUGE money suck. But the mountains themselves are still beautiful, so i'm sure we will go back at some point!

In the way of pregnancy updates things are going pretty well. I still have quite a bit of nausea and food aversions. I've always loved salads and vegetables and foods like that but now they just taste so terrible to me. I find it helps in the morning if I just hang out in the bed for a little while before getting up.

I am 6 weeks 3 days today and my first appointment is this coming Wednesday. So far things are great and i'm hoping they stay this way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment