Sunday, November 25, 2012

25 Week Pregnancy Update--and a New House


After keeping it a secret since June, I can now share the news that we bought a house! We moved in over the course of two days and we are very excited, even though moving is terrible and overwhelming. We moved a mile up the road into an older house. According to the deed, the house was built in 1896. It still has a lot of the original wood work, doors, hardware, etc. It's 3800 square feet and I'm still trying to get adjusted to living in such a big house!

The previous owners lived here for 32 years and moved to Nashville to be closer to their daughters and grandchildren. They are so sweet and even left us a fruit basket and a frozen pizza for our first night here. Buying a house and moving is very, very stressful and I'm so glad to finally be moved in! I'll post pictures as soon as we get completely moved in. We are also planning on doing some serious redecorating, so expect some before and after posts as well!

It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since my last pregnancy update so I thought it was time to have another one.

How Far Along: 25 weeks, 4 days

Due date: March 6th

Gender: No idea!

Names: Not sharing until we are 100% sure.

Weight Gain: 7 pounds--but I haven't weighed myself since Thanksgiving, that number might be a little higher next time I step on the scale!

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing a mix of maternity and regular. Most of my tops are getting too short and each week my wardrobe is getting more and more limited, I need to do some serious maternity shopping.

Stretch Marks: I have a scar to the right of my belly button that's turned into a little mark and a couple more light marks on my side. I expected them, but I hope they don't get too bad!

Sleep: Sleep is getting harder. It does help with the new house that we upgraded to a king sized bed.  I can sleep through the night without peeing, but turning over is a challenge. I feel like a doll with a weighted bottom, only in my belly.

Movement: I feel the baby moving a lot, especially at night when I'm laying still.

Missing anything: Being able to move quickly. I've noticed in the past couple of weeks it takes a tiny bit more effort to get off the couch and roll over in the bed.

Food cravings: I've really been craving fresh fruit, but this a bad time of year for it :(

Food Aversions: I really don't have any food aversions any more.

Symptoms: I've started to notice aching in my hips and legs. It's not too bad but I can really tell if I push myself too hard. Thanksgiving day we were trying to move as much as we could to the new house. I packed several boxes and was on my feet for most of the day. By night time my feet, hips and back were hurting so bad I couldn't lay on the couch. I also got heartburn for the first time ever! I've noticed the biggest triggers are fried foods, so I've been trying to avoid them.

Looking forward to: The 3rd trimester--it has came so fast! I can't believe I'm almost 27 weeks pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment